Serve as a dip with poppadoms, add to salad dressing, stir fry or to jazz up a cheese toastie or even a sandwich.
Recipe by The Devilled Egg | The Online Cookery School.
- 2 mangoes, pulp only - chopped
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of Fussels Chilli Rapeseed Oil
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1-2 tablespoons of honey (depending on the sweetness of your mangoes)
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground fenugreek
- 1/4 teaspoon of yellow mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
Start by heating the oil in a sauce pan
Add the onion with the salt and fry on medium heat until golden
Add all the spices and cook for another minute
Add the rest of the ingredients, apart from the lime
Cover with a lid and leave to gently simmer for 15-20 minutes until the mango is completely tender and falling apart
If the pan is getting too dry, add a splash of water
Add the zest of the lime and blend until smooth
Add half the lime juice and taste - add more honey, juice or salt if you are looking for more of a kick
Leave to cool and serve
Keep in the fridge for up to a week!