For the risotto base
2 tbsp fussels extra virgin rapeseed oil
75 g onion, chopped
2/3 garlic cloves, chopped
175g/6oz risotto rice
1 litre water with vegetarian stock, a generous 2 pinches
A large glass of white wine ( or two!)
- 1 tbsp fussels rapeseed oil
- 450g mushrooms, preferably field, or mixed types like shitake, oyster, brown etc
- Lots of grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano or coriander
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 110g of fresh tomatoes, (heritage varieties if you can find them) that have been finely chopped.
- Sea salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper
- Fussels Truffle oil for generous drizzling!
1. For the risotto, heat the rapeseed oil in a pan. Place the onions, garlic and a pinch of salt into the pan and cook until the onions are soft.
2. When the onions are cooked, add a quarter of the water and stock and bring to the simmer, then add the rice. As the liquid is soaked up, add more water, and finally the wine. Make sure that you do not let the rice stick by stirring regularly. After about 15 minutes check the rice ( it should be firm but not hard), cook for a further 3 minutes and remove from the heat after a final stir.
3. To complete the risotto, heat a frying pan, a splash of Fussels Truffle and the the mushrooms and fry lightly for a few minutes.
4. When the mushrooms have gone floppy and browned, mix them through the risotto base and cook the rice for a further few minutes. Now stir in most of the parmesan and herbs and another drizzle of Fussels Truffle oil. At the last minute mix through the tomatoes, and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. To serve, place the risotto into the middle of four serving dishes and sprinkle with some parmesan and some herbs.
6. Accompany with a fresh crispy green salad and a chilled glass of dry white wine.