Usually eaten during the festive season, this delicious salads can be enjoyed at any time of year.
Recipe by The Devilled Egg | Online Cookery School.
- 400g Maris Piper potatoes
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 large carrot, finely cubed
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon of chopped dill
- 4 small pickled cucumbers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of chopped capers
- 1 teaspoon of white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of Fussels classic mayonnaise
- Quarter and boil the the potatoes in salted boiling water until almost cooked through and add the carrots for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the peas for the last minutes of cooking, just to defrost, but not to loose their colour.
- Leave to cool.
- Cube the potato and combine with the rest of the ingredients and season to taste.
- This is best made the day before you want to serve it to give the flavours a chance to combine and mellow.
- This is traditionally served with fish fried in breadcrumbs, but works wonderfully well with pork or chicken schnitzel. To add more flavour to the dish, add Parmesan, lemon zest and fresh herbs like rosemary and thyme to your breadcrumbs before frying the meat.