Serve as a starter or a light lunch.
Recipe by The Devilled Egg | The Online Cookery School.
- 2 tbsp of Fussels Garlic Oil for Cooking
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 fresh red chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1 lemongrass stalk, bruised
- 1cm of fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1cm of fresh galangal, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon of shrimp paste
- 2 tbsp light brown soft sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- Zest and juice from 1 lime
- 1 x 400ml cans coconut milk
- 250ml good quality chicken stock
- 150g large prawns
- 200g udon noodles, cooked
- 200g mangetout
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 50g beansprouts
Pour the oil in a large pan and add the onion and cook until golden.
Add all the spices and cook for 1 minute.
Add the shrimp paste, sugar, fish sauce and tamarind paste and cook for another minute.
Pour in the milk and stock and simmer for a few minutes until everything is thoroughly combined.
Add the prawns until almost cooked.
Warm the mange tout, beansprouts and udon noodles in the soup.
Season the soup with the lime zest and juice and pour into bowls.
Decorate with the carrot slices and serve!