This is a lovely alternative to the traditional hummus we all know and love. With it's vivid colour and comforting cumin and smoky flavour, this will be a hit with everyone. We suggest serving with some salty fresh feta and crunchy water biscuits, perfect for sharing with friends.
Recipe by The Devilled Egg | The Online Cookery School.
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- Juice from 1 small lemon
- 4 tablespoons of dark tahini
- 100g cooked beetroot
- 1 teaspoon of Fussels Garlic Rapeseed Oil
- 60ml boiling water
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- 40-70ml of Fussels Smoked Rapeseed Oil
- Pine nuts, diced beetroot, radishes, dill or whatever you fancy
- Fresh feta cheese, crumbled
- Water biscuits or crusty bread
In a blender, add all the main ingredients apart from the smoked oil and process.
Now drizzle in enough smoked oil until the mixture is blended smooth in texture.
Spoon into a bowl, add the toppings and drizzle with a little more smoked oil.
Serve with crumbled feta cheese and water biscuits or crusty bread.