This is an incredibly versatile sauce. It can be added to soups, stews, stir fries or just served as a delicious dipping sauce. It can be made vegan and gluten free, so it is suitable for almost any dietary requirements.
Recipe by The Devilled Egg | The Online Cookery School.
- 200g white rice
- 1/2 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of Fussels Garlic Rapeseed Oil
- 150g crunchy peanut butter
- 150ml coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of chilli paste
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of honey, maple syrup or dark brown sugar
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Block of firm tofu, cubed
- Seasonal greens (2 small pak choi, bunch of asparagus)
For the sauce:
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion until golden.
Add the chilli paste, soy sauce, sweetener and peanut butter mix.
Pour in the milk and stir until thoroughly combined and starting to thicken.
Take off the heat and add the lime juice.
For the Tofu and Greens:
Preheat a little oil in a large frying pan and fry the tofu until crispy, remove from the pan.
Add the greens and a couple of tablespoons of water and cook until bright green and starting to soften.
Serve on a bed of steamed rice topped with the Satay sauce.