A flavoursome and colourful salad.
- 1/2 small red cabbage
- 1 papaya
- 2 carrots
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon of Muscovado sugar
- Handful of cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 inch of fresh ginger, sliced into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons of Fussels Chilli Rapeseed Oil
- 1 teaspoon of black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon of torn Thai basil
- 1 tablespoon of roughly chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon of roughly chopped mint
Start by thinly slicing the cabbage, carrots and papaya.
Combine the dressing ingredients and whisk until the sugar has dissolved and pour over the vegetables and leave to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
In the meantime: preheat the chilli oil in a small frying pan until hot and add the cashews and cook until turning golden.
Add the garlic and ginger and fry for another minute until crispy, pour into a bowl and leave to cool.
Pour over the salad, stir in the herbs and sprinkle the sesame seeds over the top - serve.