- 450g (1lb) minced turkey
- 125g (4 ½ oz) ready grated raw carrot (approx. 3 medium carrots, peeled and grated)
- 4 spring onions, chopped or snipped
- 45ml (3tbsp) green or red ready-made pesto
- 1 large egg, beaten
- freshly ground black pepper
- 10 pumps Fussels rapeseed oil approx
- 4 ciabatta rolls warm and split
- handful rocket leaves
- Pepper Relish to serve (see below for recipe)
In a large bowl, mix the turkey with the carrot, spring onions and pesto. Add the egg and season with freshly ground black pepper, stir well to combine really well.
Divide the turkey mixture into 4 and shape into large burgers. Chill in the refrig-erator for 20 minutes.
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, cook burgers for approx. 7-8 minutes each side on a medium heat or until golden and cooked through.
Serve in ciabatta rolls with crisp rocket leaves and a good dollop of the pepper relish (click here for recipe).