With the American style blue cheese sauce, these are a delicious snack with beer or two!
For the Blue Cheese Sauce:
- 50g blue cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon of Fussels Garlic Rapeseed Oil
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of cider vinegar
- 40g Fussels Classic Mayonnaise
- 120g soured cream
For the Beer Battered Onion Rings:
- 1 large onion cut into thick rings
- 150g gram flour
- 150g plain flour
- 50-100ml lager, chilled
- Fussels Extra Virgin Rapeseed Oil for deep frying
For the sauce: Combine the ingredients (apart from the blue cheese) until smooth and then finely crumble in the blue cheese.
For the Onion Rings: Combine the flours in a large bowl and add a little lager at a time and whisk in to create a smooth, thick batter.
Pour the oil in a deep pan (1/3 up) and preheat to 180C.
Dip the onion rings in the batter and fry for 2-3 minutes until golden and crispy.
Lift out with a slotted spoon and drain on a kitchen paper, sprinkle with a little salt.