- 400g chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 60ml soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 100ml water
- 1 tablespoon of Fussels chilli oil
- Spring onion slices, sesame seeds and chilli flakes
Combine the chicken with the garlic and ginger and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
Stir the soya sauce, sugar and honey until throughly combined.
Heat the chilli oil in a frying pan to high, season the chicken with a large pinch of salt and brown all over in the hot oil.
Pour in the soya sauce mixture and turn to medium heat until the chicken strips are cooked through.
Remove the chicken from the pan and place on top of the steamed rice.
Combine the water with cornflour and whisk throughly.
Pour into the pan and stir to combine with the pan juices.
Let bubble for a minute or two until thickened and pour over the chicken.
Serve topped with the sporing onion, sesame seeds and chilli flakes.
On the side: A bowl of steamed rice and bok choi.