Spring time inspired soup, perfect for a starter or light meal.
- 1 tablespoon of Fussels garlic oil
- 1 large banana shallot
- 2 bunches of asparagus
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 1 large handful of wild garlic
- 600ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon of white miso
- 200g floury potato, peeled and cut into small cubes or grated
- You can add fresh herbs, such as chives or mint for added aroma
- Croutons for service
Remove the woody ends from the asparagus spears, discard and chop the rest in small chunks, reserving 6 spears for decoration.
You can serve the tips steamed, fried or raw on top of the soup.
Finely chop the shallot and fry in Fussels garlic oil until golden.
Add the chopped asparagus spears and fry for 2 minutes.
Add the stock, miso and potato and bring to boil, simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the asparagus and potato is cooked.
Add the spinach and wild garlic (and any other herbs if using) and stir through the soup.
Blend immediately and check for seasoning.
Serve decorated with a few twists of black pepper, asparagus and any wild garlic flowers (if you have them) and top with the croutons and drizzle with a little more Fussels garlic oil.