This indulgent treat of cheesy macaroni pasta, is made even more naughty by deep frying in our gorgeous Rapeseed oil. If you've never had Deep Fried Mac ‘n’ Cheese, you NEED to try it, its simple delicious and utterly moreish!
For the cheese sauce:
- 25g butter.
- 25g plain flour.
- 250ml whole milk.
- Large pinch of salt.
- 100g grated strong hard cheese.
- 200g macaroni pasta.
To make the sauce:
- Place the butter in a sauce pan and melt.
- Once it is bubbling, add the plain flour and salt and cook on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Take off the heat and gradually stir in the milk.
- Pop back on the heat and keep stirring until the sauce has thickened, add the cheese and melt, leave to one side.
- Cook the macaroni pasta as per the instructions on the packet.
- Combine the macaroni with the cheesy sauce.
- Pour into a baking dish and leave to cool completely.
- Once cooled, place in the fridge to set – ideally overnight.
- Preheat 5-6 inches of Rapeseed oil in a tall pan to 190C.
- Cut the mac ‘n’ cheese into cubes and deep fry – a few at a time until golden brown and piping hot (2-3 minutes).
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place on kitchen paper to drain off any excess oil.
Serve with a crisp salad and your favourite dipping sauce.