- 100g walnuts
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 100/120g hard, mature goat’s cheese or cheddar roughly chopped or grated
- 60g parsley leaves, or oregano/marjoram (NB: Some people use some sage, radish tops or other greens, so it might be an idea to experiment)
- 140–160 ml Fussels extra-virgin rapeseed oil
- Fresh squeezed lime juice
- Sea salt and black pepper
Put the walnuts and garlic into a food processor (or a hand held processor) and run until roughly chopped then add the cheese and the parsley and blitz again to chop the leaves. Now trickle in the oil, while the processor runs. Stop when you have a purée, but don’t let it get too sloppy.Season with lime juice, salt and pepper to taste. Store in the fridge – if you completely cover the surface of the pesto with oil so all air is excluded, it should keep for a couple of weeks, or store in sterilised kilner jars.
This pesto is great mixed into pasta, or served with warm bread or toast, or just as part of a salad, I particularly like it with some avocado or as a topping for grilled white fish.