For the potato salad
- 1 pound of new potatoes. Jersey Royals when in season are fantastic
- 4-6 spring onions finely chopped
- Generous dollops of Fussels Classic or Mint mayonnaise
- Teaspoon (or more to taste) of Dijon or English mustard
For the salad
- Some finely chopped celery
- Some finely chopped carrot
- Some finely chopped parsley
- Bunch of watercress leaves
- Portion of crunchy lettuce like Sweet Gem
- Sliced ripe tomatoes and very finely chopped garlic
For the dressing
- A slosh of white wine vinegar, a teaspoon of honey and some Fussels rapeseed oil
Cook the scrubbed potatoes but make sure that they still have some bite when you take them off the heat. Let them cool.
When cool, add the finely chopped spring onion, the Fussels mayonnaise and the mustard and stir.
Set to one side.
Add all the finely chopped veg into a bowl and mix
Mix the ingredients for the salad dressing and season.
Place the sliced tomato on a plate , sprinkle the garlic, squeeze lemon or lime juice over the top and add a splash of wine vinegar.
Add whatever you fancy to a serving plate, sliced avocado, charcuterie, ham, cold chicken, humous, olives, mozzarella, some sliced apple…and some artisan bread and butter…….etc
PS A glass of dry white wine perhaps!