A delicious warming Hungarian dish.
- 1 teaspoon of Fussels Smoked Oil
- 1 tablespoon of Fussels Rapeseed Oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 medium white onion
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon of sweet smoked paprika
- Large pinch of ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 450g cubed braised beef
- 3 tablespoons of plain flour
Heat both oils in a large sauce pan
Dredge the beef in the flour and fry in batches in the hot oil until golden brown, remove from the pan and leave to one side.
Add the onion with the salt and cook until golden brown
Add the garlic, herbs and the spices
Put the meat back into the pan with a splash of water and cover with a lid
Keep on a low heat for 90 minutes or until softened and cooked through
Keep adding a little more water every time the pan dries up
Traditionally, this dish would be served with dumplings, rice, bread or even pasta!