A delicious starter or side with a cold glass of beer!
- 1 block of halloumi
- 120g plain flour
- 120g corn flour
- 300ml cold beer (or sparkling mineral water)
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground dried oregano
- Fussels Extra Virgin Oil for frying
Cut the halloumi into sticks
Combine the flours and spices in a bowl
Start adding the beer and combine
Preheat oil for deep frying to 180C
Dip the cheese sticks into the batter and carefully lower into the hot oil
Fry until the batter is crispy and everything is cooked (3-4 minutes)
Serve with a creamy guacamole!