A Tagine is a simply delicious slow cooked dish, packed with flavour and aromatic spices. A perfect dish for sharing with friends and family.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoon Zataar
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried rose petals
- 2 tablespoons of garlic oil
- 500g stewing lamb
- Half a tin of chopped tomatoes
- 5 dates, chopped
- 3 small aubergines
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- 1-2 preserved lemons
- 1 tablespoon of coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of mint leaves, chopped
- Handful of pomegranate seeds
- Fussels chilli oil for drizzling
Preheat the oven to 150C.
In the bowl of a tagine, combine the onion, garlic cloves, spices, flowers, dates, lamb and tomatoes.
Sprinkle with salt and pour over the oil.
Top with the aubergines (keeping them whole).
Cover with a lid and bake for 2-2.5 hours until the lamb is soft and tender.
Slice the aubergines open and drizzle with chilli oil and a sprinkling of salt.
Pour the rose water over and scatter with the herbs, pomegranate seeds, preserved lemon and serve.