This melon salad goes brilliantly with grilled chicken or fish. It’s also a delicious cold starter and can be served as a dessert cum cheese course.
- 800g watermelon, chopped into bite size chunks (weight after peeling)
- 400g galia melon, chopped into bite size chunks (weight after peeling and deseeding)
- 50g olives – we prefer black
- 2 spring onions, sliced finely
- 1/3 cup rapeseed oil
- 5 teaspoons apple cider vinegar (white wine vinegar is fine too)
- Black pepper
- Chopped mint leaves
- A good portion of Feta cheese
Place all ingredients in a bowl apart from the feta and mint and gently toss to combine.
Add the Fussels Rapeseed oil, vinegar, a good grind of black pepper and mix again.
Cover and put in the fridge for, ideally, at least one hour before serving. The watermelon will leach its juice which then becomes part of the rapeseed oil and ACV dressing – the longer you leave it the more juice comes out.
When you’re ready to serve, finely slice the mint leaves, discarding the woody stalks. Stir into the salad.
Crumble the feta over the top of the salad.