Perfect dish for using up leftovers, almost anything can be added to the pan.
- 300g long grain rice, cooked
- 2 tablespoons of Fussels Garlic Rapeseed Oil
- 300g chicken breast, cut into strips
- 300g raw prawns
- 1 carrot, cut julienne (pickled - optional)
- 1/2 small cucumber, cut julienne (pickled - optional)
- 1/4 small Chinese cabbage, cit into thin strips
- Chopped coriander
For the sauce:
- 1 teaspoon of shrimp paste
- 3 tablespoons of kecap manis (Indonesian sweetened and aromatic soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of chilli paste
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of sambal oelek
- To serve: 4 fried eggs, sliced spring onion and fresh chilli
Start by thoroughly combining the sauce ingredients.
Preheat the oil in a pan and fry the chicken strips for 4-5 minutes before adding the prawns.
Cook for another 5-6 minutes until golden and just cooked Remove the meat from the pan and add more oil of the pan is dry.
Add the rice and fry for a couple of minutes before adding the sauce ingredients and a splash of water.
Once the rice is piping hot, add the meat back into the pan along with the cabbage and heat everything thoroughly and check that everything is cooked through and hot.
Divide between 4 bowls.
Serve topped with a fried egg, carrots and cucumber julienne, spring onions, chilli and coriander.