A delicious spooky snack!
- 250g self raising flour
- 1 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 270g golden caster sugar
- 150ml Fussels Extra Virgin Rapeseed Oil
- 200ml buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla paste
- 1 teaspoon of gel red food colouring
- 2 eggs
- Few spoonfuls of bourbon (optional)
Preheat the oven to 180C
For the skull shaped cakes - you will need a skull tray. Prep this, by brushing oil inside it thoroughly to prevent your cakes from sticking and tearing
In a bowl, combine the dried ingredients. In another bowl - combine the wet ingredients.
Pour the wet into the dried and whisk until smooth.
Spoon into the prepared tins and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
If you are using the bourbon, just pour a small spoonful over the hot cakes.
Leave to cool and serve
For a real Halloween finish - decorate with white icing