Recipe by The Devilled Egg | Online Cookery School. Buy an online course HERE.
- 500g new potatoes.
- 2 tablespoons of smoked rapeseed oil.
- 200g smoked trout.
- Small bunch of watercress, roughly chopped.
- 1 tablespoon of capers, chopped.
For the sauce
- 1 egg yolk.
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- 1 teaspoon of white wine vinegar.
- 120ml smoked rapeseed oil.
- 1 tablespoon of chopped dill.
- To cook the potatoes, boil them for 10-15 minutes in a pan of salted water until completely soft.
- Transfer them to a balking tray and drizzle with the 2 tablespoons of smoked oil, sprinkle with a little salt and bake in a hot oven for 15-20 minutes until golden, leave to cool.
- For the sauce, whisk the yolk with the vinegar and salt.
- Start adding in the oil gradually, whilst constantly whisking.
- Season to taste.
- Combine with the rest of the ingredients and serve.