Recipe by The Devilled Egg | Online Cookery School. Buy an online course HERE.
For the gnocchi:
- 500g cooked potatoes, grated.
- 150g plain flour.
- 1 whole egg.
- 1 egg yolk.
- 1 tablespoon of chilli oil.
For the rest:
- 1 fennel.
- 150g broccoli florets.
- 2 large handfuls of kale leaves, torn.
- Sprinkling of crushed chilli flakes.
- Add the flour, eggs, oil and salt into a bowl with the potatoes and knead until you get a smooth dough
- Roll into long sausage like shapes and cut roughly into squares
- Boil in salted water for 2 minutes or until the gnocchi starts to float
- Strain and leave to one side
- Cut the fennel into chunks and add to a hot pan with a spoonful of plain oil
- Fry for 10-15 minutes, stirring continuously, until golden
- Add the broccoli and gnocchi with 50ml water
- Add the kale and cook for another 3 minutes until cooked
- Serve topped with the chilli flakes and a drizzle of chilli oil