A delicious summery cake. The use of oil and yoghurt make the cake beautifully moist, along with the black pepper which brings the sweetness out in the strawberries.
- 100g white spelt flour
- 100g raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 150g coconut or demerara sugar
- 250g yoghurt
- 50ml of Fussels Extra Virgin Rapeseed Oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Few drops of red food colouring (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of strawberry powder (optional)
- Large pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of bicarb powder
- 200g chopped fresh strawberries
Preheat the oven to 180C.
Grease a bundt mould with butter or oil.
Combine the dry ingredients for the cake in one bowl and the wet in another. Pour the dried into the wet ingredients and whisk until smooth.
Stir in the strawberries and bake in the oven 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Leave to cool and invert onto a plate.