Two ingredients, 5 minutes cooking and packed with flavour. Crispy fried plantains served with our very own Garlic Mayonnaise.
A plantain is a very firm banana. Serve as side dish with your meal or as appetizers.
- 1 Fresh Plantain.
- Salt for seasoning.
- Slice the plantain into 1 inch thick slices.
- Fry in a generous layer of hot Rapeseed oil - 4 minutes a side.
- Lift them out and carefully flatten.
- Fry for a second time of 1-2 minutes a side until golden.
- Dry on kitchen paper.
- Season with salt.
- Serve with your preferred mayonnaise, but we'd suggest Garlic Mayonnaise.