- 2 chicken fillets
Chicken Poaching Liquor:
- 1 large fennel, sliced
- 1 shallot, cut in half
- 1 carrot, cut into 4-5 chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried turmeric
- 6 pink peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon of chilli oil
- 2 portions of rice noodles, cooked
- 100g baby sweetcorn, sliced into 2-3 chunks
- 100g mange touts
- 1/2 shallot, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 small carrot, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
For the poaching liquor: Put the fennel, one shallot, carrot, peppercorns and turmeric together in a saucepan. Pour in a litre of water, bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
Add the chicken fillets and poach for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
Prepare the 2 portions of rice noodles (according to the packet).
Heat a glug of Fussels Chilli Oil in a pan.
Add the sliced shallot and fry until golden.
Add the sweetcorn and mange touts, frying for a couple of minutes, until they begin to soften.
Immediately add the cooked rice noodles, followed by the fish sauce and a few tablespoons of the chicken poaching liquor.
Cook for a few minutes, just long enough to heat all the ingredients through.
Stir in the finely sliced carrot and coriander just before service.
Remove the poached chicken and slice for service.
Arrange the noodles on plates, topped with the chicken and some fresh chilli.