- 75 g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 75ml milk
- 50ml water
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of mustard powder
- 2-3 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- Pop the flour into a bowl and make a well in the center
- Break the egg into the well, beat and gradually incorporate the flour, then the milk, followed by water, mustard, salt and pepper
- Add the oil to a Yorkshire pudding tin and place in a hot (220C) oven, get sizzling hot (10 minutes)
- Pour the batter into the sizzling hot fat.
- Return to the oven immediately.
- The pudding will take 20-30 minutes to rise and become crisp and golden; if they are still limp, pop them back into the for another few minutes.
Serve as soon as possible: if it has to wait around too long it loses it’s crunchiness, but you can just flash it through the oven to crisp up again.