Home made pizza dough is easy to make and is truly delicious.
Recipe by The Devilled Egg | The Online Cookery School.
- 500g strong white flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 tsp salt
- 7g sachet fast-action yeast
- 3 tbsp of Fussels Extra Virgin Rapeseed Oil
- 300ml water
For the pizza toppings:
- 1 Jersey Royal potato, sliced thinly
- 1/2 teaspoon of chopped rosemary
- 1 ball of mozzarella cheese
- Handful of fresh green peas
- 4-5 asparagus spears
- Couple of prosciutto slices
Pour the flour into a large bowl; add the dried yeast and salt and combine.
Pour the oil and water all over the flour, and mix well.
Tip onto a lightly floured work surface and knead.
Preheat the oven to 250C.
Once the dough is satin-smooth, place it in a lightly-oiled bowl and leave to rise for 1 hour until doubled in size.
When risen, split into two and roll them out to fit a large oven-proof frying pan.
Heat the pan on high heat with no oil and place one of the rolled out pizzas in, topped with either potato, rosemary and half the mozzarella or asparagus, peas, the other half of mozzarella and prosciutto.
When the bottom is starting to cook and colour, place the whole thing in the oven for 5-7 until crispy and golden brown.
Repeat with the second half of the dough.